What you will do:
• Translate functional and business requirements into well-defined technical designs (software architecture and data architecture);
• Contribute to the application building process by writing application code and implementing data storage and retrieval techniques;
• Ensure compliance with performance, security, and code quality best practices. This includes both conducting code reviews, as well as designing automated;
• Act as a mentor for other developers on the project or throughout the company;
• Express technical roadmaps and designs in an easy-to-understand and concise fashion (verbally or via slides and charts) to both business and technical stakeholders;
• Pursue research initiatives that can improve the software development processes both for the team and the company.
What you need for this role:
• Experience in defining the software architecture for projects;
• Experience coordinating technical/development activities;
• Proficiency in using PHP and relational databases (MySQL mainly);
• Good understanding of MVC frameworks (Symfony/Laravel) and software design patterns;
• Positive attitude and effective communication skills;
• Strong English language skills (both verbal and written).
• Some experience with one or more alternative programming languages (Python or C# would be great);
• Some experience with any of the 3 major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP);
• Some experience with non-relational data stores (Redis, MongoDB, blobs, queues, etc.);
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.